Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Malevolence

I lay awake; beyond baffled.
What have i ever done to deserve this?
Night after night, I fall asleep with tears welled up in my eyes.
Loneliness creeps into the shadows of my room,
Mimicking my emotions,
I think to myself,
What have I ever done to deserve this?

Surrounded by such ignorant and insipid human beings.
The worst species that exist on this planet,
With the only intention to cause conflict.

Bruises all over my legs,
Eyes puffed up,
Fists swollen,
Throat sore.
I am exhausted, but no one can see it.
I am exhausted, but no one can understand me.
I am exhausted enough to let go.
Oh the ignorance.

Where is home?
I can never seem to find it.
I can never seem to find happiness either.
Why should they be missing in my life?
What did i ever do to deserve this?

Why can't anyone see that I am dying inside?

I walk around school with a grin on my face.
That's the person I am.
I am supposed to be a cheerful person.
But beneath that smile lays the trembling of a scared unhappy girl.
My laugh is infamous, yet behind that is an unconfident-unhappy girl.
My eyes memorable, but behind them is the story of an unhappy girl.

I am not the 'me' I used to be.

I didn't do anything to deserve this.


No comments:

Post a Comment